COVID Safety Protocols
We ask that you respect and follow the safety measures that we have put in place to ensure that we all have a safe, sanitized and welcoming environment to enjoy.
- In order to control and maintain the amount of people in the salon throughout the day we will be booking clients by appointment only. Walk ins will not be accepted. We ask that you arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Please arrive alone, no pets, children, friends or family should be with you unless you require assistance.
- Our team will all be wearing masks. We require each client that enters the salon to also wear a mask. Please come to the salon with your own personal mask. If you don’t have a mask, the salon will provide one to you. Any client that cannot wear a mask will be booked at the end of day when other clients are not in the salon. Team members will be wearing both a mask and a face shield when performing hair washing services at the sink. Single use disposable cutting capes will be used during your hair cutting service.
- There will be a sanitation station at the top of the stairs as you enter the salon. We require you to sanitize your hands when you enter the salon for your services. Touch-less soap dispensers have been installed in each bathroom for your hand washing needs.
- We will be practicing physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet in all common areas. Stylist and colourist work stations will be a minimum of 6 feet apart. To avoid close contact our waiting area at the front of the salon has been removed. Please respect and adhere to the distancing guidelines you will see displayed when checking in for your appointment or checking out at the end of your appointment.
- Strict sanitation and cleaning protocols will be in place for our team members. Our team will wash or sanitize their hands before each appointment. After each appointment our team will clean and disinfect all their tools with alcohol. After each appointment our team will clean and disinfect their chair and station. Sink basins will also be cleaned after each shampoo service. Appointment service times have been extended in order to accommodate the necessary sanitation and cleaning protocols. High touch surfaces such as door knobs, handles, railings, counter tops etc. will be wiped down various times during the day.
- Outside food and/or drinks will not be permitted in the salon. Serving beverages of any kind, refreshment stations, magazines and complimentary charging stations will be temporarily unavailable.
These changes are both necessary and required to maintain a safe environment and we understand that it may alter the Michael Kluthe experience that you have come to know. Please be assured that despite these modifications we will continue to provide the same high level of client service that you have come to expect from us. Thank you very much for your understanding, patience and support as we get back to doing what we love to you.